R & D oriented JEE developer, with a CDI offered by our customer, an international finance software publisher. Technical challenges, cohesion, work environment, balance (RTT). 37-47K € plus bonuses / benefits!
JobOpportunIT is a recruiting and headhunting firm specialized in IT.
Not a SSII / ESN / consulting company! Only end-user positions: startups, software companies, SMEs and large groups.
Personalized advices, putting forward your candidacy, trustful relationship with our clients, free of charge.
Company with more than 20 people for IT teams at Sophia-Antipolis and historically based at Sophia-Antipolis. Based on several international sites including Sophia-Antipolis, the headquarters being located elsewhere in Europe.
This worldwide company is a visionary in multiple business areas for critical activities in Finance, like account and commodity management. It helps thousands of customers (as some major brands) for their processing tasks to reduce their competitive edge and costs.
With the arrival of many new projects our customer have to recruit 4 new developers, 2 in Java, 2 on the C++ side.
About Java offers:
Open positions are suitable for tech enthusiasts, ideally having an experience of two to four years as a Java developer (We will consider applications from newly graduated candidates, if having strong and demonstrable personal IT projects). As a full-time developer, you’ll start with a few months to learn about technologies where you’ll work hands-on in a series of agile development teams in several offices.
The company is looking for people who think long-term, providing creative ideas to help their business drive their customers. Strong values of sharing, support, big capacity of work and reactivity requested. Work in open space, very quiet space. A lot of respect for the human values and solidarity that this company wants to keep, this company like the creative engineers and force proposal but above all put and thought.
The R&D development teams are organized by technology: a C ++ team and a JAVA team, each of 8 people: development engineer and financial functional engineers work together.
You will join a high technical team and will have in charge on medium / large development projects to:
· Design and deliver high quality new software components
· Test the developed components
· Closely collaborate with functional analysts when designing, developing and testing the code
· Actively share knowledge with the team of R&D developers across multiple development centers.
- You have an engineering mindset, we are not able to do this or build algorithms in isolation-we build real systems, and we treat software as a craft we approach with an engineer's discipline.
- You are someone we want to work with-you challenge status quo and are we can learn from. Historically, we have been great at hiring such people. You will be responsible for building & nurturing this community.
- You are someone who is passionate about technology-you follow the industry, you're ready to go, you're ready to meet-ups. You know that the tech landscape changes every few years and retool continuously.
- You have made things and seen the whole project lifecycle, you have delivered, seen failure and you've learned from it.
- You appreciate full technology stack; you know its problems and where it shines.
- Your knowledge of computer science fundamentals prevents you from reinventing the wheel.
- You understand the value of quality, testing, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews.
- You are pragmatic: you can find a creative compromise between an ideal technical solution and a current customer needs.
Why should you work with this company?
- A challenge-your peers will push you, you will grow
- You will see a multitude of organizations, projects and technologies, learning a lot in a very short period of time.
- We practice flat with meritocracy with an engineering mindset-what matters is how well do you and your team deliver.
- We focus on the field of technology where we have a competitive advantage, our customers turn to us when we need more innovative solutions.
- Our engineers will probably tell you that they are working with their peer group.
- We are entrepreneurial and agile-with a lot of opportunity to become accountable to grow quickly.
Required education and expertise
- Academic degree in Engineering / Computer Science.
Solid Java 8 knowledge including multi-threading, JPA (Hibernate) and JDBC
Databases and SQL
Development on multiple operating systems incl. Linux and MS Windows
Would be a plus:
- Experience with distributed web applications.
- Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), agile software development (SCRUM), continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Experience from the financial industry
- Familiarity with Agile Development and the Scrum Framework
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Patterns Design
- Multithreading, real time and event based applications
- Distributed systems
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP practices, TDD, ATDD, testing automation techniques and tools
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Cloud Computing
- Performance profiling, benchmarking, optimization, scalable applications
- Software security and software coding standards
- Linux or Windows OS
Spoken and written technical English is mandatory.
- CDI and 10 days of RTT
- International evolution possible after a few years
- Sports facilities with shower and canteen on site
- Online Training Platform for e-learning
- 1st face-to-face interview with the manager
- Technical test to pass
- Analysis of the test and questioning around the development to explain the technical choices
- Interview with HR and another person from the Management