Safety Manager - Global role, based in France for a software publisher, a leading multinational in 3D digital simulation, . International projects: transport, nuclear... 80-95K€+ Bonuses
JobOpportunIT is a French recruitment agency taking care of the best IT profiles. We propose only permanent contracts (CDIs) directly with our customers: software editors, startup, SMEs and large groups. Why choose us?
Our client is an international software publisher with offices in Toulon, Sophia-Antipolis and Paris, with over 30 years of experience specializing and recognized in advanced 3D applications.
Pioneer in its field, they have after several good years, been acquired by a large international group in the field of 3D simulation. Before its buyout, the company had 150 employees, the group now has 4000. Very present in Northern Europe and America, the company is continuing its (intensive) implantation in Southern Europe. The growth is sustained both internally and externally (company takeovers). France has become their 2nd R&D center after the United States.
Nearly all customers are large international companies in various sectors: automotive, aerospace, energy, medicine... After the merger, the French publisher has taken on a whole new dimension and is involved in larger projects. The products are diverse: from the creation of 3D tools, through imaging, embedded and many others. Every year the company holds a Kick-off, to present the projects to be developed and the great moments of the year to come.
There is a very good energy in the company that motivates and makes you want to get involved. The average age of the company is rather young (31 years old on average). The teams are close-knit (well-established carpooling), very ecologically oriented. The premises are rather modern with many rest rooms and spacious enough to accommodate many new people.
A lot of events take place throughout the year, whether they are technical, such as Tech days (where each team proposes new technologies, shows its projects...), or not: participation in the Sophia games, billiards, astronomy, running, swimming pool, tennis, lunch/dinners.
The company's growth has enabled many people to evolve rapidly and advance in terms of responsibilities. This large group makes it possible to embark on international careers. With these positions you will be part of one of the greatest adventures of an engineer: the emergence of autonomy.
The Safety Manager reports to the SBU CTO and is responsible for managing product safety, organize the safety certification audits, participate to the writing of certification support material, maintain the relationships with the certification authorities and prepare adoption of new certification standards. This role is also about promoting the safety culture both within the product development teams and the Field Application Engineers teams that are supporting customers developing critical systems in the Field. He manages the Safety team that is composed of safety experts and he works in close relationship with the Product Lines managers, the Quality Director, and the Field operations worldwide.
The mission of the Systems Business Unit (SBU)? Provide their customers with integrated software solutions for the design, production, validation and operation of embedded and safety-critical systems.
These products and solutions include aeronautics and defense, automotive, railways, industry and medical.
The missions of the SBU Safety Manager are to:
- Manage Product Safety, including the creation of the certification documents (safety plan, safety case, tool qualification plan, etc). for the various safety standards (ISO 26262, ISO 21448 (SOTIF) for Automotive, ARP 4754, 4761 and DO-178 for A&D, IEC 61508 for Industry, etc).
- Organize certification audits with the customers, partners, and certification authorities
- Publish a bimonthly Safety Status to the SBU Management Committee and Product Safety Status Reports to SBU customers
- Maintain the relationship with the certification authorities
- Develop the safety awareness of the company
- Take an active part to the creation of the new certification standards, such as the standards related to certification of autonomous vehicles, like SOTIF
- Ensure consistent Product Lines combining safety and cybersecurity analysis with various Product Lines.
- Survey the market for safety analysis offerings.
He is preferably based in France (Paris, Toulouse or Nice areas) and should be able to travel worldwide, as needed.
- Ph.D. or MSc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in addressing methodology and safety topics in the critical product space
- Strong familiarity with model-based design technology, including hardware, software, functional safety and simulation solutions.
- Strong familiarity with the automotive and aeronautics industry preferred. Work with leading companies in these fields preferred
- Must be familiar with delivering systems and software complying with international safety and cybersecurity standards such as ISO 262622, DO-178C, IEC 61508, EN 50128, ISO 15408, etc.
Desired personal attributes include:
- Ability to manage teams, strong commitment to teamwork and the success of others
- Excellent relationship building skills and instincts regarding people
- Utmost integrity and professionalism in handling all business matters
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of initiative in tackling tasks
- High credibility; polished professional presence
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Permanent CDI contract, Syntec agreement.
- Gross annual base salary between 80K € and 95K € depending on your profile and experience
- Premiums: for patents, discretionary performance,
- Flexible working hours
- Additional benefits: Mutuelle, CE, TR (60% employer € 9), Cafeteria and inter-company restaurant.
After an exhaustive review of your profile and the sending, with your agreement, of your CV to our client, you go ahead and negotiate directly with them. The steps are as follows:
- Interview 1 with the station manager (by phone or video conference)
- 2nd interview with N + 1 or technical (depending on the position)
- 3rd interview with HR for administrative formalities